1. Submit your Application
Apply online in just 1-2 hours. The application includes uploading a short video response, so make sure you have a stable wifi connection.
2. Receive Admissions Decision
Admissions decisions are released in two batches corresponding with the two application deadlines:
- Sept 26-27: admissions decisions for priority deadline applicants
- Oct 19-20: admissions decisions for final deadline applicants
If your application is accepted, you’ll receive an email invitation to the student portal for the next steps.
3. Clearance Process
Once accepted, you will have 1 week to complete the clearance tasks in the student portal. The clearance deadlines are:
- Oct 5: clearance due date for priority deadline applicants
- Oct 28: clearance due date for final deadline applicants
To complete the clearance process, you’ll need to:
- Fill out the online Health History Forms
- Complete the Technology Check
- Submit the Financial Aid Application if you’d like to be considered for aid
- Take a short English Language Assessment if you are not a native or fluent English speaker
- Confirm that you have applied for or already have a valid passport
Note: To pass clearance and proceed in the admissions process you must complete these steps within the deadline and meet the necessary clearance requirements.
4. Receive Offer Letter
Once our team has approved your clearance materials, we’ll send your official offer letter via a DocuSign email. Your offer letter will include your tuition/financial aid package.
5. Enroll in Take Action Lab!
Complete the following enrollment steps within 10 days to officially join Take Action Lab:
- Both you and your parent/guardian will need to sign your offer letter in Docusign
- Pay your deposit (if applicable)
- Select your course time for the virtual training
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION CRITERIA
Our admissions process is designed to select and bring together the most promising young students of the new generation – individuals who will inspire change during the program and beyond. Coming from diverse backgrounds and countries across the world, what these young changemakers have in common is curiosity, empathy, and a drive to make an impact.
Essential Eligibility Criteria
The Essential Eligibility Criteria are an overview of the requirements for the program, and applicable for all participants. These requirements are meant to identify the basic and fundamental elements of participation.
The well being of participants and staff, and the facilitation of an impactful learning experience with all participants are top priorities at Global Citizen Year. The virtual and in-person environments that Global Citizen Year program participants interact in can be dynamic, and physically and emotionally challenging. The educational and experiential activities conducted require each participant to be fully reliable, committed to and capable of working hard, taking responsibility for themself, and working effectively to achieve the goals of the program and the group.
If you have questions or concerns about the applicant’s ability to meet the criteria, please contact Global Citizen Year to determine if the program can meet your needs.