- How do I request a letter of recommendation?
- How do I list my Global Citizen Year experience on LinkedIn?
- How can I apply for a job or internship at Global Citizen Year?
- Are there opportunities to volunteer for Global Citizen Year?
- I’m interested in mentoring a current program participant. What do I need to do ?
- What kinds of communication do alumni receive?
- Why don’t I receive communications from Global Citizen Year?
- How do I get in touch with my former Team Leader or Instructor?
- How can I get in touch with alumni who are in a particular country/industry/class year?
- What kinds of programs and events are available for alumni?
- How can I find out about upcoming events?
- How can I volunteer to moderate an event?
- What is the Community Hub?
- Why should I join the Community Hub?
- How do I sign up for the Community Hub?
How do I request a letter of recommendation?
To request a letter of recommendation, login to the Community Hub. The letter of recommendation request form is under the Resources Section.
How can I apply for a job or internship at Global Citizen Year?
Keep your eyes peeled on the Careers page on our website. We also share jobs and internships via the Community Hub and social media platforms.
Are there opportunities to volunteer for Global Citizen Year?
Yes there are! We list open volunteering roles on the Community Hub as well as on our Social Media Platforms.
I’m interested in mentoring a current program participant. What do I need to do ?
At the moment we have two cycles of student mentorship in a year. We ask mentors to apply in July-August for the Fall semester and December-January for the Spring semester. The application can be found on our website at globalcitizenyear.org/mentorapplication. If you have any questions, please email rbravo@globalcitizenyear for more information.
What kinds of communication do alumni receive?
Global Citizen Year alumni receive a weekly email that includes Global Citizen Year news, alumni program updates as well other topical/relevant information.
Why don’t I receive communications from Global Citizen Year?
It is possible that we do not have your most up-to-date contact details. Take a moment to update your profile on the Community Hub. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com with your new contact details and we’ll update your records.
How do I get in touch with my former Team Leader or Instructor?
For data protection purposes we are unable to pass on personal contact details. We recommend you try platforms like LinkedIn or Facebook. Failing that you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d then email your information to the relevant party notifying them of your request.
What kinds of programs and events are available for alumni?
We have a variety of programs aimed at supporting Global Citizen Year alumni as they work to create a just and more sustainable world. They include:
- Expert-led workshops – Thematic round table discussions led by a Industry experts on a particular timely topic.
- The Global Book Club – This is a book club dedicated to learning from leaders who are introducing bold new ideas and pushing existing ways of thought.
- Global Gathering – This the annual gathering of all Global Citizen Year alums that includes alumni-led workshops , a chance to reconnect with your cohort through nostalgia rooms and much more!
How can I find out about upcoming events?
We post these events on all our social media pages as well as the Alumni Community Hub. Visit the events page on the Community Hub for specific dates of these events along with the registration details.
How can I volunteer to moderate an event?
To apply to be a moderator for an event, submit your application through the Community Hub under Resources.
What is the Community Hub?
The Community Hub is an exclusive platform for Global Citizen Year alumni. It is intended to continue supporting our alumni on their leadership journey beyond Global Citizen Year. The Community Hub has tools to support alumni as they explore their inner landscape and work on making the world a better place.
Join here to connect with your fellow alumni across the globe.
Why should I join the Community Hub?
The Community Hub provides our alumni with the tools to connect in a more dynamic and intentional way with each other. It gives alumni the chance to make meaningful connections in this unique community.
- The directory allows members to search for fellow alumni around the world by year, field, location, etc.
- Tap into the Global Citizen Year support tools available after completion of your program.
- Participate in group discussions about the issues you are passionate about or take leadership roles within the community
- Learn about and attend exclusive workshops and events.
- Discover opportunities for jobs, internships, grants, and more.
How do I sign up for the Community Hub?
Sign up here using your email address, LinkedIn, Facebook or your Google account.