Tejas Ramdas Renuse - Ecuador
May 20, 2017
Most of the Ecuadorian food has meat. Meat is consumed pretty much every day. I am vegetarian so it was hard for me to have their typical meal. So I had rice and beans. Empanadas and Quimbolitos are one my favorite Ecuadorian snacks or food Here are some Ecuadorian food recipes.
- 1/2 c. butter
- 4 eggs 1 1/2 c.
- flour 2 tsp.
- baking powder 2 (8 oz.)
- cream cheese 1 c.
- sugar 2 tsp.
- cognac 1/2 c. raisins 8 tbsp.
- milk Canna leaves (you can use aluminum foil)
1) Cream sugar, cream cheese and butter until well blended. Add eggs.
2) Mix at low speed on electric mixer until blended. Sift together flour and baking powder. Gradually add to batter mixture.
3)Continue on low speed until well blended.
4) Put on canna leaves by spoon or foil with a few raisins.
5)Close leaf or foil with points. Steam for 20 minute
Empanadas with Cheese and Sugar Empanadas with Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening.
- 1/2 tablespoon salt.
- 1 cup precooked corn flour, such as Harina P.A.N. or Maseca.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or any cheese that melts.
- Vegetable oil, for frying.