You will be responsible for the day to day management of our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) and will also collaborate to set our larger social media strategies.
- Work with leadership to determine our role in broader conversations related to important social issues and our obligations to use our social media for the greater good of our community.
- Work with the Director of Communications & Outreach and our Social Media Support Team to set clear objectives for social media. Develop strategies to reach objectives.
- Curate a selection of blogs, articles and other media to craft relevant, high quality content.
- Maintain a regular publishing schedule to ensure fresh content on all our accounts.
- Be the brand voice of Global Citizen Year on social media.
- Plan and execute specific and timely social media campaigns.
- Manage our communities online and promote engagement.
- Collaborate on digital paid advertising campaigns.
- Be a Global Citizen Year alumnus
- Strong and versatile writer
- Social media savvy
- Ideal candidate has proven track record of weighing on on current events via social Media on personal account and/or managing social media on behalf of company/org/institution
- Strong sense of social justice with an equity lens
- Reliable and able to manage time independently
- Passion for Global Citizen Year!
- Hourly rate is $17 per hour
- Average 15-20 hrs per week
- Position start date: immediate
- Position end date: to be determined with selected candidate
- Weekly video conference check-in with manager
- Work is done remotely with a flexible schedule (morning, evenings, weekends, etc.) agreed upon with your manager that balances your needs and the demands of overseeing our social media.
By July 1st, please submit a resume and submit short answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to represent Global Citizen Year's voice on social media? What part of this is most important to you?
- Describe 3 social media campaign ideas you could implement on day 1.
- What technical tools do you use to track and post on social media?
- Submit an example of past social media content that shows your skills. These can be in the form of a tweet, instagram story, or instagram post.