Implement country-specific risk management training modules for stakeholders and provide timely incident-specific coaching for staff and Fellows.
- Stakeholders include: Staff, Fellows, Fellows’ Families, Host Families, Apprenticeship Hosts, Local Advisors and Language Teachers.
- Serve as a “trainer of trainers” in preparing and organizing necessary training/documents/equipment/supplies for all local stakeholders and staff.
Health and Safety Systems
Coordinate Global Risk Management strategies, to serve in-country context.
- Support overall risk management culture with the cohort and team
- Manage the Emergency Hotline system
- Lead in-country liaison with Global Citizen Year’s international insurance provider
- Oversee and support the in-country Incident Reporting System
- Understand and help uphold policies, protocols, guidelines, and tools associated with risk management
- Support the Country Director in building partnerships with In-Country risk management networks, i.e. the US Embassy, Peace Corps, the Red Cross, USAID, peer organizations, and other relevant government and non-governmental organizations.
Support in-country staff in Emergency response. Key activities include:
- When on emergency hotline duty, carry a 24/7 cell phone and remain within cell service at all times
- Support TLs in providing response and care to Fellows, as needed.
- Keep Country Director and Program Manager informed of relevant information related to ongoing emergencies and proactively involve Country Director and Program Manager for critical decision making