- Lead the management of the interactive Global Launch mobile app
- Design and create attractive and functional event materials, such as T-shirts and SWAG, nametags & signage
- Research, vet, and manage vendors
- Support and execute fun, memorable, and inspiring events at Global Launch, including the Global Launch Welcome Ceremony, Talent Show, and Induction BBQ
- Coordinate event logistics
- Liaise with speakers
- Help manage expense records and budget tracking
Mindset & Qualifications
- Applicants must be alumni from the 2017-18 or earlier cohort
- Enthusiastic and high energy: You enjoy people and thrive when creating welcoming environments and engaging experiences for others to learn and connect.
- Detail-oriented: You are highly organized with strong customer service skills, able to work under pressure, multi-task, and manage projects to completion according to deadlines.
- Communication: Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and resourceful: You’re comfortable with ambiguity and are able to hold yourself accountable; You’re able to shift priorities, troubleshoot, and problem-solve independently when needed.
- Technology Proficient: You are comfortable learning and using technology, including Microsoft Office, Google, and web-conferencing applications, and can use the relevant tools to do everything from creating presentations, tracking expenses, hosting webinars, and managing the conference app.
- Reflective and thoughtful: You’ve had the time and space to reflect on your Global Citizen Year experience, and now with a few years under your belt, you can communicate to Fellows about your learnings in an authentic, compelling, and responsible way.
Compensation: A stipend of $2000/month for the duration of the internship (dates below--prorated for partial months)
Time Commitment: 40 hours/week
Location: Oakland Office (1625 Clay St. Suite 400 Oakland CA) & Stanford University (during Global Launch only - Aug. 23-29)
Time Frame: June 15th – Aug 29th (some flexibility possible for alums with school schedule conflicts)
To Apply: Submit the following materials through the online application:
- Cover letter - Please be sure to share why you are interested in this internship and examples of past work you’ve done that makes you a strong candidate.
We’ll review applications on a rolling basis until we find the right person for the internship, so send in your application today!