1. Facilitation of Fellow Learning
Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitating, Supervising. Expertly transition back and forth between the main "leadership hats" (Coach, Mentor, Facilitator, Supervisor) to facilitate Fellow growth and learning on a one-on-one level.
- Coaching - Support Fellows to accomplish their goals and push further into their immersion and development as a global citizen and leader through regular 1:1 coaching.
- Facilitation & Curriculum - Instruct and co-construct relevant knowledge and skills by creating, adapting, and utilizing existing resources.
- Supervision - Keep Fellows accountable to their responsibilities within the Global Citizen Year community.
- Mentorship - Provide healthy, helpful guidance to help Fellows learn and grow.
2. Community Relationship Building & Program Management
Build authentic relationships and stay accountable within the Global Citizen Year community, including with local partners and staff.
- Project management. Self-organize to achieve relevant administrative tasks, including incident and expense reporting.
- Partner management. Screen, select, and train potential sites, host families, and apprenticeships according to Global Citizen Year criteria. Once partners are selected, build rapport, manage relationships and perform evaluations with a broad network of sites and partners throughout the program cycle.
- Organizational programming. Support organization-wide initiatives to further enhance Global Citizen Year’s mission.
3. Cohort Leadership
Foster a safe, inclusive, and positive culture and learning environment with Fellows, partners, and staff.
- Global Citizen Behavior (GCB). Embody the organization's mission and values and integrate these values, organizational learning objectives, messaging, and methods into leadership.
- Positive Learning Environment (PLE). Build a positive, safe, culture with high expectations for Fellows to learn and thrive.
4. Health and Safety
Uphold Global Citizen Year policies and procedures to support a safe and healthy experience for Fellows, partners, and staff.
- Policies & procedures - Assess and manage unpredictable and stressful medical and non-medical incidents according to Global Citizen Year policies and procedures in a way that instills confidence and good performance in others.
- Reporting & Communication - Communicate and collaborate on incidents through appropriate communication channels, including accurate, professional, and timely documentation.
- Risks & hazards - Understand the majority of hazards and risks inherent in the specific country program operating areas.