1. Facilitation of Fellow Learning
- Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitating, Supervising. Expertly transition back and forth between the main "leadership hats" (Coach, Mentor, Facilitator, Supervisor) to facilitate Fellow growth and learning on a one-on-one level.
- Coaching - Support Fellows to accomplish their goals and push further into their immersion and development as a global citizen and leader through regular 1:1 coaching.
- Facilitation & Curriculum - facilitate sessions using the GCY curriculum and co-construct sessions with Fellows to deepen their skills and knowledge.
- Supervision - Keep Fellows accountable to their responsibilities within the Global Citizen Year community.
- Mentorship - Provide healthy, helpful guidance to help Fellows learn and grow.
2. Community Relationship Building & Program Management
- Build authentic relationships and stay accountable within the Global Citizen Year community, including with local partners and staff.
- Project management. Self-organize to achieve relevant administrative tasks, including incident and expense reporting.
- Partner management. Manage local partners in screening, selecting, and training potential sites, host families, and apprenticeships according to Global Citizen Year criteria. Once partners are selected, build rapport, manage relationships and perform evaluations with a broad network of sites and partners throughout the program cycle.
- Organizational programming. Support organization-wide initiatives to further enhance Global Citizen Year’s mission.
3. Cohort Leadership
- Foster a safe, inclusive, and positive culture and learning environment with Fellows, partners, and staff.
- Global Citizen Behavior (GCB). Embody the organization's mission and values and integrate these values, organizational learning objectives, messaging, and methods into leadership.
- Positive Learning Environment (PLE). Build a positive, safe, culture with high expectations for Fellows to learn and thrive.
4. Health and Safety
- Uphold Global Citizen Year policies and procedures to support a safe and healthy experience for Fellows, partners, and staff.
- Policies & procedures - Support in-country team in assessing and managing unpredictable and stressful medical and non-medical incidents according to Global Citizen Year policies and procedures in a way that instills confidence and good performance in others.
- Reporting & Communication - Communicate and collaborate on incidents through appropriate communication channels, including accurate, professional, and timely documentation.
- Risks & hazards - Understand the majority of hazards and risks inherent in the specific country program operating areas.