Database management and analysis:
- Responsible for overseeing all functions of donor database (Salesforce) management and executing against fundraising data vision.
- Oversee, track and update accurate contact data. Assure the donor database is maintained and updated appropriately.
- Manage reports and dashboards for all philanthropy functions to track progress, support campaigns and mailings, inform fundraising strategy, and increase efficiency of daily tasks.
- Build Salesforce automations to drive fundraising efficiency, minimize human error.
- Partner with Director of Development Operations to analyze donor pipeline and recommend strategies to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of fundraising operations.
Gift processing & reconciliation:
- Process all donations in a timely manner, including: coding each gift, entering gift information in the database, informing relevant contacts, and facilitating appropriate thank you process.
- Process grants and provide timely, accurate grant reporting.
- Assist donors with gift transactions, including check and credit card donations.
- Work with the Finance Department on monthly reconciliations and the annual audit.
- Serve as the first point of contact for external inquiries related to development.
Lead research & Donor engagement:
- Utilize internal prospect research software (iWave) to assess potential of donor leads.
- Leverage Salesforce to document, track, and take actions against individualized donor engagement plans, including drafting donor outreach.
- Build annual stewardship calendar; curate content in partnership with program and recruitment teams; create donor “touchpoints” throughout year to ensure high-quality donor experience
- Write donor proposals/grant applications with editorial oversight and reports for philanthropic support as needed. Manage distribution of communications to key funders
- Assist in handling logistics of philanthropy functions such as coordinating events, invitations and materials as needed.