As an Admissions Ambassador, you will support the Recruitment and Admissions teams by taking primary ownership of email, phone, text, and WhatsApp communications with applicants in your assigned applicant list. You’ll play a vital role in stewarding applicants from the point of initial inquiry through to program enrollment. Think of yourself as a friendly and helpful program ambassador, who has also been trained in the necessary technology (i.e., Docusign, Salesforce, Airtable) to provide status updates to applicants as needed.
This is an opportunity available only to alumni who completed the Fellowship program.
- Take primary ownership of non-automated communications with applicants from your assigned applicant list.
- Maintain a strong rapport with applicants and do follow-ups as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate virtual meetings for students who wish to speak one-on-one.
- Brainstorm and implement strategies for engaging inactive applicants.
- Monitor and track admissions requirements such as language assessments, financial aid applications, and tech checks.
- Occasionally participate in virtual admissions events (Meet and Greets, information sessions, alumni panels).
The following skills are required:
- Comfort learning new software systems — Admissions Ambassadors will receive training and be given entry level access to select systems for applicant management.
- Strong written and verbal skills, with ability to communicate the benefits of Global Citizen Year’s programs to a range of constituents.
- Comfort participating in virtual events (i.e., Meet and Greets, information sessions, alumni panels).
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to manage your own hours outside of scheduled team meetings and work blocks
- DETAIL-ORIENTED: Shows rigorous and meticulous attention to detail.
- INSPIRING: Generates energy, enthusiasm and a desire to succeed in others.
- ORGANIZED: Works and thinks in a methodical and orderly way.
- ADAPTABLE: Adjusts easily to new or changing circumstances.
- PERSONABLE: Has a friendly, approachable style.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNER: Driven to learn and stay current professionally.
- CUSTOMER-ORIENTED: Attentive and responsive to customer needs.
Compensation: $16 USD per hour. Admissions Ambassadors are expected to work a minimum of 8 hours per week, with a maximum allotment of 14 hours per week. There may be possibilities for additional flex hours during busy periods (typically around our deadlines).
Technology Requirements: This role requires access to a stable internet connection. Admissions Ambassadors will be asked to use their own computer in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
Location: This is a remote position—work anywhere in the world!
Start Date: September 12, 2022
End date: December 2, 2022
Deadline: The priority deadline for this application is Tuesday, August 16th. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Global Citizen Year is an equal opportunity employer. We know a diverse team produces the best results and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of leadership we aim to inspire. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
These are the teammates you’ll be collaborating and engaging with most often
Director of Admissions
Admissions Operations Manager