Select Your Course Schedule
Congrats on being accepted to Global Citizen Year Academy!
The steps below will walk you through selecting class times. You have the option to choose your course times now or wait until later. If you’re not sure of what other commitments you’ll have going on, you can wait and select your course times later during the final clearance stage.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR COURSE TIMES
Step 1: Pick a time for your Leadership as a Practice seminar
Pick the time for your Leadership as a Practice seminar that works best for you. The seminar will meet every week on Monday for 90 minutes.
- Once you have registered for a time, put it in your calendar and do not schedule any other commitments that conflict with that time.
- Class time changes may only be requested on an exceptional basis through Wednesday, February 24. Your ability to change to another time will be based on availability, and we cannot guarantee that you’ll be able to move to the time you want or need.
- After classes have started, class time changes will not be allowed.
Be sure you understand when the class takes place in your local time zone.
- All times are listed in UTC (also known as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)), and in 24-hour format.
- Please use the Time Zone Converter link (see table column “Convert to My Time Zone”) to convert to your local time.
- Make sure you note if the time of the class will take place on the previous or next day in your local timezone. For example: a Monday 01:00 UTC class takes place on Sunday evening in the Americas, while a Monday 22:00 UTC class takes place on Tuesday morning in eastern Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.
Don’t forget about Daylight Saving Time!
- If you live in a region that observes Daylight Saving Time (DST or “Summer Time”), make sure you know the dates in 2021 when DST will start/end.
- Because UTC time does not change for DST, if you live in a region that observes DST, your class time will move when DST starts/ends:
- If DST starts during the semester (northern hemisphere), your class times will move 1 hour later
- If DST ends during the semester (southern hemisphere), your class times will move 1 hour earlier
- Be sure to take this into consideration when selecting your class times.
- If you live in a region that does not observe DST, lucky you! Your class times will not change during the semester.
Review the seminar times in the chart below. Once you’ve chosen your seminar time, scroll down to Step 3 and enter it in the form.
Step 2: Pick a time for your Leadership Learning Group
Pick the Leadership Learning Group Time that works best for you. Learning Groups will meet every week on Wednesday and Thursday for 60 minutes.
You must attend both sessions every week, so be sure to pick a time that you can attend on both Wednesday and Thursday.
Remember to convert to your time zone and consider day light savings, just like you did above for your seminar.
Review the available times below. Once you’ve chosen your learning group time, scroll down to Step 3 and enter it in the form.
Step 3: Tell Us Your Selected Times
Please fill out this form to let us know your selected times.